Saturday, December 13, 2008

Two Years!

It is difficult to believe that I have been writing on this blog for two years now! My first substantive post was December 7, 2006. It's hard to believe that it has been two years; however, to be fair, saying that I have been "writing" for two years is a little inaccurate. For long stretches of that time (like in the past month and a half) there has pretty much been radio silence.


At times, I have considered giving up this blog. It's good to know that I am in good company asking whether it would be worth it to give up this pursuit. But, sporadic as I am about posting sometimes, I really enjoy doing it. And, when I don't write, it makes me that much more excited to write in the future.


And, besides writing, I am also proud of other things that I have done here. The design of the site is entirely original and helped me rekindle my joy of designing that I have missed since architecture school in undergrad. In the time that I have been writing, I have gotten to love my new home in New York, I have gotten married and been lucky enough to have E. join me blogging here.


With all that is going on right now—working uptown, trying to finish my dissertation in six months, trying to get a job—I'm not sure that posts are going to be any more frequent in the near future. I hope that they do and I hope that two years from now and look back to say that it has been another two years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 2yrs and good luck with the job hunt!

mike3550 said...

Thanks, Anomie! I'll let everyone know how it goes =)

Jay Livingston said...

Happy Blogday. After the first two years, blogging gets easy. I'm envious of your webdesign abilities. I don't even dare try to tweak my Blogger template.

wobblie said...

I believe this is when the kids go, "w00t!"

mike3550 said...

Thanks Jay and Wobs! I'm looking forward to blogging getting easier - it always seems like it gets dropped!

dr said...

2 years? Really? Post more.

Post a Comment