Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hey, Look at Me!!!

Hello dear readers. It is very early in the morning here in Brooklyn. I was hoping to be spending the latter part of the evening with E., but due to Northwest Airline's incompetence (and, supposedly because of the weather or something), she is stuck in Detroit tonight and I am alone—except for the dog.

Since E. is not here, I decided that I would spend the evening trying to finish re-skinning my blog. As you can see, I managed to get that done - I figured I had wasted enough time trying to only do one or two things at a time (which, invariably turned into an hour-long project), so I just finished it. So, here it is. My brand-new look. It is only my second fully realized web project to date (you can see my first here), and I don't think that it turned out that badly.

I have not yet had a chance to put all of the sidebar items that I would like. However, I imagine that the list is either going to be greatly reduced and I wanted to know if there was anything that anyone particularly liked from the old design. I will hopefully be adding more to the sidebar shortly.

Also, many of you will recognize the image in the header as that from the CGEU website. This was not an attempt at dishonesty to pass the work off as my own, but the fact is that it was originally a `filler' to hold the place of an image, but the more I worked with it, the more I liked it. If anyone knows who created the image, I would like to give her/him credit; and, if anyone (particularly said her/him) thinks it too dishonest to keep, let me know and I will be happy to try and find/make an alternate image.

Finally, since others might be interested in this escapade, I will try and share some of the things that I found out about using Blogger's xml language and tricks I developed to create the design.

Please, any comments and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! It's very chic. Wanna make me one? I also like how it's categorized "navel gazing."

Post a Comment