Tuesday, August 2, 2011

As Blog Is My Witness, I Will Never Go Hangry Again


In my quest to be healthier, I've found myself hungrier. My problem is simple: overeating. Calories in, calories out.


Obviously I can't eat as much as I would like to, so sometimes bad things happen. Spefically this: when I get hungry, I get angry. Hungry and Angry. You know. "Hangry." Suffering from - hanger?

I get soft. I lose my mojo. I get lightheaded sometimes, which is how I know when I really need to eat. But mostly grumpy.

Fights are picked. Barbs are tossed. Soft household objects are thrown. Oh, what am I doing talking in the passive voice, I am the one doing these things. Who suffers? Me and anyone around me. Mike, coworkers, small woodland creatures - you name it.

It's okay to be hungry for a little bit. I can't possibly cover this concept better than the fabulous Sheryl did a while back.

I need to find a way to control this, and I am putting this out to all four of you readers out there - I will find a way to get my emotions under control as I get healthier. I believe that willpower is a muscle and the more I exercise it, the better I will get at it. When I start feeling rage, I will sit down and count to ten. Or do square breathing (in for four seconds, hold for four seconds, out for four seconds, hold for four seconds).

No more (wire?) hanger(s)! EVERRRR!

1 comments:

Compare California Part D Plans said...

I like your article a lot. I am sure anyone can relate to it in a little way, as I can. It is indeed easy to get angry when one is angry because being hungry is being in a state of deprivation of desire for the satisfaction of consuming food.

One rule that I use though to curb my anger is by always thinking that the head is placed higher than the heart, therefore the thinking should rule the emotion.

Post a Comment