So, at long last, I am now a lame duck at the good ol' #3550. I am very sad to end my "official" stint with the best damn local in the country. Being involved on a day-to-day level at GEO has been the second best decision I made in grad school (the first being asking E. to marry me). While I may be moving to the Big Apple, I know that I will never be far from GEO and GEO will never be far from me... So, to help get over my sadness, I have composed the following list of benefits of turning over a new leaf:
- I get to be with E. again. FINALLY!!!
- Helen will do a far better job than I could ever do
- I will be able to work on GEO's website
- Coming back to GEO will give me an excuse besides my academic work to come back to Ann Arbor
- I will reconnect with my friends on the 'osphere (I can't believe I just wrote that).
- Did I mention that I will get to be with E.?
- I will be living in f***ing NEW YORK CITY!!! (Sorry, not a whole lot of love lost for A2)
- Maybe I can work on my dissertation
- Did I say how excited I am to live with E.?
- We have the most kick-ass group of Officers, Stewards and Staff next year!
So, far-ye-well to Tuesday night meetings and Constitutional Robots - I will miss you!