Friday, April 20, 2007

Quack!

So, at long last, I am now a lame duck at the good ol' #3550. I am very sad to end my "official" stint with the best damn local in the country. Being involved on a day-to-day level at GEO has been the second best decision I made in grad school (the first being asking E. to marry me). While I may be moving to the Big Apple, I know that I will never be far from GEO and GEO will never be far from me... So, to help get over my sadness, I have composed the following list of benefits of turning over a new leaf:


  1. I get to be with E. again. FINALLY!!!

  2. Helen will do a far better job than I could ever do

  3. I will be able to work on GEO's website

  4. Coming back to GEO will give me an excuse besides my academic work to come back to Ann Arbor

  5. I will reconnect with my friends on the 'osphere (I can't believe I just wrote that).

  6. Did I mention that I will get to be with E.?

  7. I will be living in f***ing NEW YORK CITY!!! (Sorry, not a whole lot of love lost for A2)

  8. Maybe I can work on my dissertation

  9. Did I say how excited I am to live with E.?

  10. We have the most kick-ass group of Officers, Stewards and Staff next year!



So, far-ye-well to Tuesday night meetings and Constitutional Robots - I will miss you!

1 comments:

dave3544 said...

Sorry I am coming late to this post, but congrats on your successful tenure. Good luck in the NYC.

Oh yeah, and you should change the comments function so that people don't have to log into Google to leave comments, as i can never remember my password.

Post a Comment