Friday, January 9, 2009

Inauspicious Start

Although I tend not to make New Year's Resolutions, I have decided to try to make two this year:


  1. Try to be more consistent blogging

  2. Eat healthier and exercise more (I know, how cliché, right? But, since I figure that I study health, perhaps it would be wise for me to actually pay attention to some of the research and keep myself healthy)

I have made less than an auspicious start on the first. However, I am going to give myself a pass for last week and the next couple of weeks because I have spent the last five days finalizing my dissertation proposal. It's all done - submitted, in the hands of my committee to do with it what the will. I will find out what they intend to do with it this coming week when I head back to the Midwest for my defense. Then, after that, I am off to Philadelphia immediately from Michigan, then off to D.C. next week, then back to the Midwest the week after that. Needless to say, if I can find some time (and an internet connection) to catch my breath and write in the next month, I will be amazed. But, seeing as how I have made this public revelation, let's see if that will encourage me to write more!


Wordle: UntitledIn the meantime, here is a Wordle of my proposal. I bet you would never be able to guess what I study!

2 comments:

wobblie said...

Let me know when you're in DC - we should get together for a meal and/or some beers!

mike3550 said...

Hey Wobs - I will. I'm not sure when I am going to be around because I'm only going to be in D.C. for about 20 hours. But, I'm sure I'll be back since E.'s parents live in the area, it would be great to catch up!

Post a Comment